Located in Central America, El Salvador is sometimes overshadowed by its more famous and more populous neighbors. Still, El Salvador definitely deserves your attention, and not just as a place on the map, but also as a country with amazing women. Here is your guide to dating Salvadoran girls.
What Are Salvadoran Women Like?
Salvadoran ladies are too fabulous and multifaceted to describe them within one article, but if you have never met women from El Salvador and have never researched them online, here are four facts that will give you a clearer idea about these ladies.
It’s impossible to take your eyes off them
Growing up in Central America means Salvadoran women enjoy the best of both worlds. Their appearance traits are closer to Lain women: they have caramel-colored skin, curly dark hair, and curvy figures that will leave you dreaming about them for days. Like Western ladies, Salvadoran women know how to take good care of themselves and make their faces and bodies look even more irresistible with a masterful use of makeup and an exquisite fashion sense.
They give their all to love
Salvadoran ladies are very romantic in nature and they don’t let anything distract them from their true purpose in life: to find someone to love who will love them back. It doesn’t mean that Salvadoran girls are promiscuous or spend their whole life looking for the perfect significant other. It just means that when they are in love, they fully immerse themselves into the relationship and the happiness of their partner is the only thing that matters to them.
They take care of the people close to them
Even when you meet a Salvadoran woman for the first time, you can already tell that she’s, perhaps, one of the most caring individuals you’ve ever seen. A Salvadoran lady considers it to be her top priority to take care of her loved ones. This includes both everyday things such as making you a nutritious breakfast before you leave for work or reminding you to bring a warm coat, and major aspects of life, such as planning a nice vacation just for the two of you.
They are down-to-earth and humble
As you can guess, most Salvadoran women don’t come from a rich background. They know what it’s like to work hard and they are not waiting for everything to be presented to them on a silver platter. That is why they are very appreciative of the things you do for them. Salvadoran girls don’t have excessive demands or expectations from their partners. They are just happy to have you, and any gifts, nice dates, or material things are just a nice bonus
Do Salvadoran Women Make Good Wives?
Salvadoran ladies make great dating partners, but they shine as spouses. If you are looking for the right woman to marry in the near future, here are the three reasons why it should be a Salvadoran girl.
- They take marriage seriously. Salvadoran wives are not interested in having multiple ex-husbands. Their dream is to get married in their early twenties and stay with the same person forever. So you can expect your Salvadoran wife to never get any second thoughts or doubts.
- Motherhood is their true calling. In Salvadoran culture, family is never viewed separately from children and every happy household has at least two. Your Salvadoran wife won’t necessarily pressure you to have children right away, but you should know that nothing will make her happier.
- They embrace the housework. Salvadoran wives never make a problem out of the chores. They may appreciate your help from time to time, but they won’t pressure you into it. A Salvadoran wife is someone who will greet you home from work with a three-course meal, a spotless house, and freshly ironed clothes.
What Kind Of Men Do They Like?
You should never think that Salvadoran ladies will date or marry anyone who pays any attention to them. They will be flattered to see that you are interested, but they will need to see more from you in order to decide to date you. First and foremost, women in El Salvador are searching for an ambitious, confident, and self-reliant man who is perfectly fine living on his own but can also welcome love into his life.
Unlike most of the women you encounter in your own country, Salvadoran singles are perfectly fine with being the weaker sex. That is why they are looking for someone who will take care of them, anticipate their needs, and protect them. A Salvadoran woman is not the kind of woman to push for an equal dynamic in the family.
Where To Meet Salvadoran Women In El Salvador?
El Salvador is often overlooked as a tourist destination in Latin America, but it has a lot to offer to its visitors. You can get an exciting travel experience when visiting El Salvador, but you can also use this time to look for your perfect Salvadoran woman. Here are the best places to do it.
With a population of just a little over 500,000, San Salvador is the capital of El Salvador and its largest city. The women there are well-educated, ambitious, and more likely to pay attention to a foreign man. They are also more familiar with Western culture. You can find a large number of Salvadoran singles in La Gastroteca, Il Bongustaio, and Tony Roma’s restaurants and the Fire Club, Emporium, and Alive nightclubs.
Santa Ana is located relatively close to San Salvador, but its vibe is very different. Its population is only half of San Salvador’s population, but there are hardly any foreign guys, so you will not face any serious competition when pursuing Salvadoran singles. Try the Artisant, La Pampa, and Simmer Down restaurants and the Tabu, Clubbers, and Nocturno night clubs for the highest probability of success.
Santa Ana is around an hour’s drive away from San Salvador, but Soyapango is located right next to the capital. Many women who work in San Salvador actually live in Soyapango and commute every day. Soyapango often gets a bad rep because of its crime situation, but if you stick to the popular locations such as Puyas, El Brasero, and Mama Fina restaurants, Fresh Juice Bar and Venecia park, you should be perfectly safe and find it easy to find a woman to date.
Where To Meet Salvadoran Women Online?
Women in El Salvador are not some sheltered, obsolete individuals who have no experience with the online realm. They actively use the internet to not only look for work and communicate with their friends, but also to look for suitable partners. Salvadoran singles are no strangers to popular dating sites and apps, but they have a different approach when they are looking for foreign men.
A Salvadoran woman who wants to meet a Western man will go to an international dating site. There are several popular services out there that have a huge audience of single Salvadoran girls who specifically want to date and marry foreign guys. So you will effortlessly find a woman who already considers you to be your type and it will make the relationship easier and more effective.
How To Date A Salvadoran Girl: 7 Tips
Salvadoran girls have many features you can find in women from your own city or country, but they are exotic enough to make you wonder how to approach dating them. Like any new relationship, it’s going to be mostly trial and error, but if you want to increase your chances of success, here are the 7 tips to help you.
- Approach them with confidence. Salvadoran ladies are big believers in traditional gender roles in a relationship. Not only will they never reach out to you first, but they also expect you to show confidence and assertiveness when approaching them.
- Don’t assume that your foreign status will get you everywhere. There is no point in denying the fact that Salvadoran singles are very interested in foreign men, but they hate it when foreigners get too self-assured and entitled because of their origin.
- Make peace with her never being on time. Like most Latin American women, Salvadoran singles cannot list punctuality as one of their virtues. They will put so much time and effort into getting ready for the date that they won’t be always able to make it on time.
- Pick her up and drive her home. In Salvadoran dating culture, the woman should never get to the date location on her own. Most girls in El Salvador don’t have a car, so you’ll need to pick your date up and make sure she gets home safely by your car or by taxi.
- Spend a nice quiet date at home. In an attempt to impress your lady, you will probably come up with one brilliant date idea after another. However, once in a while, your Salvadoran girl will definitely appreciate staying at home, cooking, and watching a movie together.
- Make her family feel at ease. As you can imagine, your woman’s decision to date a foreigner and potentially move with him to another continent is going to be very hard on her parents. So the least you can do is assure them that you are a good person and that their daughter will be in good hands.
- Always make your promises come true. Salvadoran ladies are ready to accept and forgive any minor imperfections their partner may have, but the one thing they draw a line at is the man failing to live up to his promises. To them, it’s better to say nothing at all than to promise something and then not deliver.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I expect a language barrier in El Salvador?
Unsurprisingly, El Salvador is a Spanish-speaking country, but you shouldn’t expect a major language barrier when you come there or talk to Salvadoran women online. Most people in El Salvador, especially the younger generation, are fluent enough in English for effective communication, but you may also need to brush up on your Spanish knowledge to understand each other even better.
Are Salvadoran women only interested in my money?
Not at all! Despite its small size, El Salvador is doing relatively well economically. Surely, there are still things to be improved and more Salvadoran women are certainly not rich, but they are also prepared to apply themselves and make their own money. To Salvadoran girls, it’s nice when the man is financially comfortable, but it’s not the main deciding factor in choosing a partner.
Who usually works in Salvadoran families?
There isn’t really any mandatory system for deciding who works in the family and how much money each spouse makes. In most families, in El Salvador, the man works full-time and is the main breadwinner of the household. The woman can also work full-time before having kids or after they grow up, but when there are young children in the family, the woman either quits work completely or switches to part-time employment to make her contribution to the budget.
Martin Arnwine is the owner of an international dating blog. He has traveled the world for over a decade, meeting women in every corner of the globe and helping people from different countries and even continents develop successful relationships. He knows what people around the world are looking for in their partners and he is ready to share that knowledge.