The female population of Costa Rica is small, but it’s incredibly attractive to Western men. They see Costa Rican girls as a welcome alternative to the career-focused, reserved local women. So why should you consider dating a Costa Rican woman and what to expect from the relationship? Our guide will answer those questions for you.
What Are Costa Rican Women Like?
It can be hard to know what Costa Rican women are like when you have never met them in person, but these most notable features of Costa Rican girls are a good place to start. This is what makes the women of Costa Rica absolutely irresistible.
They look incredible
Costa Rica is home to some of the most beautiful Latina women you’ve ever met. Costa Rican girls are tall, slim, and perfectly tanned. They look like beauty pageant winners, but they are also very relaxed about their appearance. You will hardly ever see a Costa Rican woman during the day with a ton of makeup and in a high-fashion outfit. These women put their comfort first, but they still look so good that it’s impossible to take your eyes off them.
They have fun personalities
You will be initially attracted to the appearance of a Costa Rican lady, but then you will stick around for her addictive personality. Costa Rican women know how to have fun and how to give it to others. They can talk about anything for hours, lift your spirits when nothing else seems to work, and make you look forward to the next time you see your Costa Rican girl. These women are also physically active, always on the move, and outstanding dancers, so you’ll enjoy those sides of their personality as well.
They pay attention to their partners
When you are dating a Costa Rican woman, you never feel like your relationship is one-sided and you do all the work. Women in Costa Rica understand that a good man is hard to come by, so when they find their ideal partner, they will do anything to not let him go anywhere. A Costa Rican girl is someone who will always make sure you are happy and comfortable before taking care of herself. And that kind of selflessness is exactly what makes Costa Rican ladies so great for dating.
They always tell the truth
Whether you’ve just met your Costa Rican girl or you’ve been together for a long time, you can count on her to tell the truth 100% of the time. It’s simply impossible for Costa Rican women to lie to anyone, especially when it’s someone they care about deeply. A Costa Rican lady would rather face the uncomfortable truth than deceive you or pretend that everything is great when it really isn’t. It means you’ll quickly work through any conflict without a single negative consequence.
Do Costa Rican Women Make Good Wives?
Without a doubt! In fact, there are several features that put Costa Rican wives on another level compared to other Latina women you may know. First, Costa Rican wives are not just fine with house chores — they consider them to be both their top priority and their special talent. Second, any Costa Rican wife is fantastic with kids without even trying.
These women grow up in communities where everyone takes care of each other, so they know the ins and outs of motherhood long before they have their own kids. Third, Costa Rican women are very serious about marriage. When a Costa Rican wife says her wedding vows, she means every single word and she will never go away from the marriage.
What Kind of Men Do They Like?
Costa Rican women are incredibly easy to date, partially because they don’t have any outlandish expectations from their men and can appreciate them for who they really are. However, there are a couple of features Costa Rican women want to see in their partners, especially for a serious relationship or marriage:
- Decisiveness. Costa Rican girls are big believers in the traditional gender dynamic and that the man should be responsible for the most important decisions in the life of a couple. You need to be able to make decisions and act on them.
- Respectfulness. Arguments and problems are nearly inevitable in any relationship, but even in the heat of the argument, you should never disrespect your woman. She will never stand that behavior, and she wants someone who will respect her all the time.
- Positivity. Costa Rican women are naturally optimistic. They always see the bright side of things and always hope for the best. If you are constantly sulky or expect the worst to happen, your Costa Rican lady may still get fed up and not want to cheer you up anymore.
Where to Meet Costa Rican Women in Costa Rica?
Costa Rica is a fairly small country and even its capital city, San Jose, only has a little over 300,000 inhabitants, not to mention the other major cities where the population does not exceed 100,000 people. Still, Costa Rica is a popular destination for the fans of beautiful Costa Rican girls, and here is where you can find them.
Many foreigners are surprised to learn that San José is one of the most prosperous, clean, and safe cities in Latin America. On top of that, women in San José have plenty of experience meeting foreign guys, so you won’t feel like you are some exotic creatures when staying there. If you want to meet the gorgeous Costa Rican singles in San José, try the Tin Jo, El Patio, or Nuestra Tierra restaurants, or the Las Margaritas, Alcazar, and Josephine night clubs.
Costa Rica has a lot of tourist spots, but there are also some places loved by locals, and Puerto Viejo is one of them. You can find plenty of Costa Rican girls in Puerto Viejo, both the ones who live and work there and the ones who come here on vacation from other parts of the country. We suggest visiting the Ancora Blue, La Casita De Monli, and Marisqueria Mopri restaurants, or the Johnny’s Place and Choco bars.
Cartago is a landlocked city that used to be the capital of Costa Rica for almost three centuries. It’s a city with a glorious architecture, beautiful parks, and lots of attractions for tourists. Costa Rican singles in Cartago are fluent in English and eager to meet foreigners, so after exploring the streets of the city, make your way to the El Novillo Allegre, Malanga, and La Cochera restaurants or the El Pub, El Estadio, and Bar De Fili.
Where to Meet Costa Rican Women Online?
Visiting Costa Rica is an excellent idea even if you are not looking for a partner, but if your main goal is to meet Costa Rican singles, traveling to the country may not be the best option. It’s expensive, requires a lot of time, and is not guaranteed to bring you the desired result. If you want to get access to the most eligible Costa Rican singles without any hard work, you should try international online dating.
A good Costa Rican dating site gives you an opportunity to meet single Costa Rican women who are not just looking for a husband, but want to date and marry foreign men. They are fine with moving abroad for their man, so you won’t need to waste time on convincing a Costa Rican girl to consider you and will instead be able to focus on the things that matter the most.
How to Date a Costa Rican Girl: 7 Tips
Dating a Costa Rican girl will undoubtedly be one of the best experiences of a lifetime, but if you want to approach it the smart way, you also need to plan for the future. If you want your romance with a Costa Rican woman to grow into a long-term relationship or even marriage, here is how to behave from the start.
- Be as casual as possible at first. Costa Rican girls hate it when men are too clingy from the start of the relationship. You will undoubtedly be smitten by the beauty of your Costa Rican lady, but you shouldn’t let it stand in the way of your genuine connection.
- Respect her boundaries. Costa Rican women may have different views on the relationship than the women you’ve met before. Many of them prefer to wait until physical contact, and you should absolutely respect their wishes.
- Don’t expect any special treatment. A common mistake Western men make with foreign women is thinking that their US or European passport is going to give them everything. In reality, a Costa Rican woman will need much more from you than your foreign citizenship.
- Prove you have serious intentions. The beautiful Costa Rican girls are tired of single Western men coming into the country only to have as many one-night-stands and flings as possible. If you have more serious plans, let your woman know that you can be trusted.
- Brush up on your knowledge of Spanish. The younger generation of Costa Ricans are fairly familiar with the English language, but they still prefer communicating in Spanish. Your knowledge of Spanish can be a real lifesaver in many situations in Costa Rica.
- Hang out with her friends. You can rest assured that the friends of your Costa Rican woman are some of the most valuable people in her life, so the sooner you get to know them and the higher they think about you, the better for your relationship.
- Let her into your life. It’s not uncommon for foreign men to try and find out everything about a Costa Rican girl while sharing very little about themselves. Make sure to talk about your family, life at home, hobbies, and everything that makes you interesting.
Frequently Asked Questions
How important is religion for Costa Rican women?
Costa Rica is a secular and fairly modern country. Many of the Costa Rican girls you meet will probably turn out to be somewhat religious, but only because they view religion as a spiritual need. They don’t lose themselves in religion unlike some Latina women and they certainly won’t pressure you into adopting the same religious views as they have.
Do Costa Rican girls have a lot of dating experience?
It depends on the woman, but generally, Costa Rican girls are very romantic and interested in the opposite sex. They only have one boyfriend at a time and are more than capable of a serious commitment, but they also don’t like being alone. That is why a typical Costa Rican girl has 3 or 4 ex-boyfriends by the time she meets her future husband.
How can I know that a Costa Rican woman is interested in me romantically?
A Costa Rican girl may not be the first one to declare her love in a relationship or to suggest moving things to a different level. However, you can always tell that a Costa Rican woman cares about you. She will call and text you, ask you lots of questions, and look for ways to see you again, even if not for a real date. She will also tell you a lot about herself and will make an effort to look her best for you.
Martin Arnwine is the owner of an international dating blog. He has traveled the world for over a decade, meeting women in every corner of the globe and helping people from different countries and even continents develop successful relationships. He knows what people around the world are looking for in their partners and he is ready to share that knowledge.